How to Apply for Canada Immigration From India
Canada is one of the best countries in the world to immigrate to, for its quality of life, citizenship, and various other factors. There are several families from India settled in Canada, which gives new immigrants, a feeling of belongingness.
This is the reason why that most of the immigration aspirants in the Indian subcontinent, choose to apply for Canada Immigration from India. Canada’s point-based Permanent Residency program is one of the easiest immigration programs in the world.
It is a multicultural country with a stable economy and a relatively easy immigration policy. Canada is popular as a country of immigrants.
With the ongoing demand for skilled workers, Canada is the best country to apply for permanent residency. The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has developed different pathways to apply for immigration to Canada, based on the type of applicants.
You will find the details of all these programs on this page. However, let’s find out a few key reasons to migrate to Canada.
Why Immigrate to Canada?
- Lenient Immigration policy and hassle-free immigration system
- Employment opportunities available given the demand for skilled workers
- Free healthcare and school education for the Canadian permanent residents
- Less rigorous immigration process compared to other English speaking nations
- It has a safe, green living atmosphere and hospitable communities
What are the Pathways for Immigration to Canada?
Canada needs skilled workers and professionals; hence, the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has designed dedicated programs to invite them.
You can apply to immigrate to Canada through following popular programs,
- Express Entry system: Express Entry is a point-based online immigration system in Canada. It assesses the skilled workers based on age, education, work experience, etc. and allocates invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residency to selected applicants.
- Provincial Nominee Program: The Provincial Nominee Programs are the immigration programs of the different provinces in Canada. These PNPs operate in coordination with the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The PNPs follow their own procedures and requirements. These provincial programs select and nominate the skilled and talented people from overseas for Canadian permanent residency.
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program(QSWP): This immigration program developed by government of Quebec. It allows the highly skilled and trained people to immigrate to Quebec. The candidates are assessed through point’s grid and selected ones get the Quebec Selection Certificate, which ultimately helps the applicants to get Canadian permanent residency.
- Self-employed person Program: This program allows moving to Canada as a self-employed person. However, the applicant needs to have relevant experience, i.e. taken part in cultural activities or athletics at the highest level. And, he/she must be willing to make a noteworthy contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
- Family-Sponsored program: As a Canadian permanent resident or citizen, you are allowed to sponsor eligible relatives to come to Canada as PR, if you are minimum 18 years or above. Each of these programs have different criteria for selection and process requirements; hence, to choose the most appropriate program as per your profile, you can take assistance from qualified and trusted visa consultants and counselors at Your Sky.
- Investor/Entrepreneur Program: The investor program allocates the permanent residency in Canada to the qualified Business investors and Entrepreneurs from all parts of the world, who have aspiration and ability to begin or invest in a business in the maple leaf country.
Key requirements for Immigration To Canada
Although, all the programs mentioned above have different eligibility criteria, however, there are few key documents requirement remain common for most immigration programs, i.e.
- Minimum qualification with ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- IELTS Test result with the required level of English proficiency or an approved French language test result (French is compulsory for Quebec program)
- Meet the minimum points criteria, depending on the immigration program you are applying
- Work experience related documents
- Key certificates, i.e. Birth/marriage certificate
- Medical certificate for fitness
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
Migrate to Canada through Express Entry Process
Migrate to Canada through Express Entry Process
Express Entry is the fastest pathway to obtain permanent residency in Canada. It is a point-based immigration system that assesses the applicants based on the points they have scored for key profile factors, i.e. age, education, language skills, work experience, etc.
The IRCC opens Express Entry draw, periodically to issue Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR visa to the top ranking candidates in the EE pool. The Express Entry system of Canada has three main categories, i.e.
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST) and
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
As a skilled worker applicant, you need to choose and apply under the Federal Skilled worker program (FSWP). The minimum points an applicant needs to become eligible for the FSW category are 67 points out of 100.
Immigration and citizenship
Apply to travel, study, work or immigrate to Canada, apply for citizenship, a permanent resident card or refugee protection, check the status of your application or find a form.
How you can immigrate to Canada, how to protect yourself from fraud and what to expect after you arrive in Canada.
Eligibility criteria for Express Entry program
Express Entry has six selection factors, based on which, the applicants are assessed by IRCC.
1. Age: The minimum age to apply is 18 years, while there is no upper age limit. However, you get maximum points when you are in the age group 18-35 years.
2. Education: Although, higher secondary is minimum qualification, however, you may need higher qualifications, depending on the occupation. You need to provide ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) from an approved assessing authority, i.e. WES, to verify your qualification as per Canadian education standards.
3. Work experience: Find below the work experience requirement for all three categories of Express Entry:
- FSW – You need to have a minimum of 1-year full-time work experience within 10 years. However, to gain higher immigration points, more experience than this is required.
- FST– At least 2 years of full-time work experience in a Skilled Trade within 5 years.
- CEC– At least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before.
4. Language ability: Proficiency in English or French is a must. Also, provide the approved language test result, i.e. IELTS, CELPIP, etc. to claim points for language ability. Find below the minimum language ability requirement for all three categories of Express Entry system:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) – Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for all language abilities, i.e. Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)- CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing
- Canadian Experince Class (CEC)-
- CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or
- CLB 5 for NOC B jobs
5. Adaptability: Earn adaptability points for your or your spouse’s past education, work experience, relative, etc. in Canada or your spouse/partner has CLB 4 level of language proficiency.
6. Arranged employment: You get valuable points for having arranged a job offer from Canada.
If you are applying for FSW category of EE system, you need to score minimum of 67 points based on the above six factors, to qualify as an applicant.
Step by step process to apply Canada Immigration from India through Express Entry
Find below the stepwise process for Immigration to Canada through the federal express entry system (FSW) category:
- Collect the key documents needed to apply, i.e. ECA and IELTS
- Score minimum of 67 points under the FSW category based on age, education, work experience, language skill (i.e. IELTS score), etc. factors
- Register your profile in an online Express Entry system, submit EOI and subsequently, you will get the CRS point score.
- Get an invitation to apply from IRCC in any of the periodic express entry draws
- Submit Canada PR application along with required documents within 60 days of receiving the invite
- Get approval of visa, if verification of application and documents goes fine.
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada claim to process the application received through express entry within 6 months. However, this time starts once; the applicant has submitted the Canada PR application and documents after reeving the ITA (Invitation to Apply) from IRCC.
Moreover, the processing time is not standard for all applications and may vary for a particular application, depending on various factors, i.e. accuracy of application/documents, time taken to respond, etc.
Apply Immigration to Canada this year
To apply Canada immigration this year through the most appropriate immigration program, you may get in touch with Your Sky. It is the most trusted Visa Advisor and Consultant in India.
The Your Sky team is specialized in Canada permanent residency process and has an incredible record when it comes to acquiring Canadian PR visa approvals for the applicants.
Most frequent questions and answers
Canada is an ideal destination for skilled workers to live, work and settle permanently. However, if you are an aspirant of Canadian visa, you must know the right Canadian immigration program and whether or not you are eligible too for the same.
There are several programs to apply for visa in Canada, i.e. Federal Express Entry System, Provincial nominee Program (PNP), Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), Family sponsorship program, Study visa, Visit visa, etc.
The first step is choosing the right immigration program, which suits your profile, skills, situation and ambition the best way. To choose the right immigration program you must be having some questions in your mind. Here we will provide you the answers to all the questions that may arise in your mind, to help you select the right pathway to move to Canada this year.
The minimum qualification to apply for Canadian PR Visa is Diploma only. However, depending upon the Occupation (NOC Code) you are applying, you may require a higher qualification than this.
Usually, the work experience of one year is required by most of the skilled worker programs in Canada, i.e. Express Entry, PNP, etc. However, as already mentioned, the Canadian government value your work experience and accordingly allocate you important immigration points to you which ultimately enhance your chance of getting selected for skilled worker visa. So, rich work experience will certainly help your cause. To confirm further, begin your free assessment today.
You get bonus points in Express Entry system, for having a sibling in Canada. Moreover, if you have a close relatively in Canada, you can apply visa through family sponsorship program.
Federal Express Entry system and most PNPs require minimum CLB 7 level of English proficiency, i.e. you need minimum overall score of 7.5 in IELTS. With higher proficiency, you can earn more points for immigration to Canada. Fill the free; assessment form today; to confirm your eligibility for Canadian immigration.
It will definitely help. Your Canadian qualification gets weightage during your point’s calculation in express entry. Your Canadian work experience also makes you eligible for the Canadian Experience Class category of express entry. Moreover, Canadian provincial nominee programs also prefer candidates with prior education or experience in Canada.
- Express Entry System
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Canada Immigration Point Calculator